Access Integration is now looking to hire! View all of our current looking to hire positions below.
We are Hiring!
- Perform routine maintenance and bi-annual Test & Inspects on access control, alarm, surveillance, audio and networking systems/components per service agreement contracts.
- Diagnose, determine root issue and corrective action on low voltage systems including but not limited to door hardware, card readers, surveillance, power supplies and alarm equipment.
- Handle emergency service requests during normal business hours and afterhours on a rotating On-Call Tech schedule.
- Installation of low voltage hardware to existing systems, including wire pulling and termination.
- Provide support for the installation department when service schedule allows.
- Identify and report additional chargeable tasks such as system upgrades, service contracts/expansion and time & material work.
- Take extensive notes on assigned service/installation tasks and client communications to provide clear documentation of all work performed and scheduled.
- Engage and involve clients through thorough communication to keep them up to date on repairs and the best course of action to minimize system downtimes.
- Work with other trades/companies if an issue involves any system that we do not typically service, i.e. high voltage systems, integrated equipment, network teams and general contractors.
- Conduct training on newly installed systems to end users and their personnel, either on site or remotely.
- Participate in the commissioning and completion of newly installed systems and introduce the end user to the service department to provide service requests when needed.
- Some tasks may require occasional evening or weekend hours to complete work.
- Required Knowledge: High School Diploma
- Required Experience: 2+ years of installing/servicing access control, alarm and surveillance systems.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license - to be able to drive a company vehicle.
- Travel outside the Treasure Valley is expected about 5% of the time, sometimes overnight.
- Technician to provide general hand tools for low voltage work, specialized tools will be provided by the company including a laptop and phone.
- General knowledge of how low voltage systems function such as Access Control functions, networking and basic relay functions.
- A technical and mechanical aptitude is required to solve various issues including mechanical issues, low voltage control circuits.
- Problem Solving mentality that provides ability to diagnose not only the issue but also the cause of the fault.
- Ability stand, sit and walk for extended periods of time including the ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Experience with access control systems such as Software House, Kantech, DMP, Feenics, OpenPath, PDK, Isonas, Salto, Hirsch/Identiv, Lenel, Paxton, Open Options, Allegion Engage and various other systems/components.
- Experience with alarm systems such as Bosch DMP, DSC, Alarm.com and common alarm devices.
- Experience with surveillance systems such as ExacqVision, American Dynamics Milestone, Avigilon, and standalone NVRs; as well as CCTV components such as cameras, PoE switches and maintenance of CCTV Servers.
- Knowledge of access control credential programming
- Associates degree or better in electronics, networking or similar field.
- Relevant certificates for low voltage security systems such as Software House, American Dynamics, PDK, Open Options, OpenPath, DMP and/or other systems.
Position Overview: Access Integration is seeking a talented and capable service technician to join our team. This technician would be expected to possess a detail-oriented mindset to aid in troublesho...