Access Integration is seeking a talented and capable service technician to join our team. This technician would be expected to possess a detail-oriented mindset to aid in troubleshooting, repair and install low voltage systems. Typical work will range from preventative maintenance to diagnosing system failures and assisting the installation department when the service schedule allows. Technicians are expected to keep detailed notes on daily tasks and must be able to communicate effectively with clients and other tradesmen. This position comes with a company vehicle and gas card. The Client Success Specialist is also expected to aid in the commissioning of new systems and training end users on system operations.
As a small company, Access Integration, strives to provide a level of professionalism not commonly seen with other low voltage integrators. Taking pride in our work we provide clean and organized installations with attention to detail. We provide constant, clear and concise communications to keep our clients up to date on installation and service tasks. We maintain a close relationship with many of our clients and when possible, we aim to provide same day service requests in the Treasure Valley area.
- Perform routine maintenance and bi-annual Test & Inspects on access control, alarm, surveillance, audio and networking systems/components per service agreement contracts.
- Diagnose, determine root issue and corrective action on low voltage systems including but not limited to door hardware, card readers, surveillance, power supplies and alarm equipment.
- Handle emergency service requests during normal business hours and afterhours on a rotating On-Call Tech schedule.
- Installation of low voltage hardware to existing systems, including wire pulling and termination.
- Provide support for the installation department when service schedule allows.
- Identify and report additional chargeable tasks such as system upgrades, service contracts/expansion and time & material work.
- Take extensive notes on assigned service/installation tasks and client communications to provide clear documentation of all work performed and scheduled.
- Engage and involve clients through thorough communication to keep them up to date on repairs and the best course of action to minimize system downtimes.
- Work with other trades/companies if an issue involves any system that we do not typically service, i.e. high voltage systems, integrated equipment, network teams and general contractors.
- Conduct training on newly installed systems to end users and their personnel, either on site or remotely.
- Participate in the commissioning and completion of newly installed systems and introduce the end user to the service department to provide service requests when needed.
- Some tasks may require occasional evening or weekend hours to complete work.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- Required Knowledge: High School Diploma
- Required Experience: 2+ years of installing/servicing access control, alarm and surveillance systems.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license – to be able to drive a company vehicle.
- Travel outside the Treasure Valley is expected about 5% of the time, sometimes overnight.
- Technician to provide general hand tools for low voltage work, specialized tools will be provided by the company including a laptop and phone.
- General knowledge of how low voltage systems function such as Access Control functions, networking and basic relay functions.
- A technical and mechanical aptitude is required to solve various issues including mechanical issues, low voltage control circuits.
- Problem Solving mentality that provides ability to diagnose not only the issue but also the cause of the fault.
- Ability stand, sit and walk for extended periods of time including the ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- Experience with access control systems such as Software House, Kantech, DMP, Feenics, OpenPath, PDK, Isonas, Salto, Hirsch/Identiv, Lenel, Paxton, Open Options, Allegion Engage and various other systems/components.
- Experience with alarm systems such as Bosch DMP, DSC, Alarm.com and common alarm devices.
- Experience with surveillance systems such as ExacqVision, American Dynamics Milestone, Avigilon, and standalone NVRs; as well as CCTV components such as cameras, PoE switches and maintenance of CCTV Servers.
- Knowledge of access control credential programming
- Associates degree or better in electronics, networking or similar field.
- Relevant certificates for low voltage security systems such as Software House, American Dynamics, PDK, Open Options, OpenPath, DMP and/or other systems.